*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Unlawful Confinement

     Human
     Zulu
     Charlie
     Willow
     Sebby
     Cubby
 *******************

Let me out let me out let me out!!!

Chill Zulu.

Nooooo let me out!! 

Yeah, I am with him on this one.. LET US OUT!

Will you calm down. It hasn't even been an hour.

That's 80 miniutes to long!

Good thing you don't have to count as a cat.

It will not be much longer.

What the hell is going on?! I demand an explanation! 

You demand an explanation? 

Yes. I have talked it over with everyone and we have decided you owe us an explanation.. And treats.. And wet food.

Catnip
And catnip!

I gave you treats. You will get food later and no.

Why no?

Because you are annoying me! Now get away from the door and stop trying to pancake yourself to fit under the door. It will never happen.

Ignore these children, can you let us know whats going on? 

Zulu is about to spin his head and spit green stuff.

House stuff. There is someone coming into the house and I don't want you guys in the way.

Are you embarrassed of us? 

Yes.
Whaaat?

I'm kidding. I just don't need Sebby all up in the guys face trying to help and I have no idea what you guys would do.

Protect you of course. 
Oh ya, I would feel so protected with you fur balls.

Besides, Sebby is my guard kitty. If anyone would be allowed out it's him.

Outta my way.. My human needs me. 

Not so fast. You are staying in here. 

Boooo

Wait.. Where is Cubby? 

Uhh

Where is he!

Another room?

Lies!

Ha ha

Shh

What? 

Nothing.

Not fair!

He's old, and is not inclined to help or run around all crazy.

Hes so gonna get it!
If anything happens to him NO wet food for anyone!

That does not seem fair!

You are right.

So we still get wet food?

No, I just agree its not fair.

Sebby if you do anything I will take your cape and pee on it.

You wouldn't

Wouldn't I?

Fine. The grumpy old man is safe.. For today.

When are we getting out?

When I let you out. 

Mean.


******************

A cat is a very unique creature.. by unique I may mean annoying at times.

If there is a closed door, you better open it. 
If you are in the bathroom, you better let them in.
If you close a door for any reason, you have to explain it.
If you go in a room and not let them in with you, how dare you!

Sometimes we have to herd them into an area - safety, sanity, sickness. There are many reasons why. 
So here are some things to add to their area of confinement 

She meant jail.

No I did not.

  •  Scratching Post
Does not have to be elaborate, this one was actually a pretty good price..because it is rather light...because it is made out of basically cardboard like material. 

It does its purpose, may just have a shorter lifespan than something with
solid wood or even MDF.
 












  • Roller Circuit
These toys are rather fun, and interactive. Also you can change it up.. kind of like the old hot wheels track!














  • Crinkle Balls & Coils
It doesn't have to be these things, it could be any small toy. My felines fancy these

















DO NOT  add any toys you do not feel would be safe for the kitties when you are not able to see them.
Any toys with a string - wands, elastic string that makes the toy bounce, toys you hang over the door, toys you hang on the door knob. 
These toys can, and have choked cats and kittens. 
If for some reason you put a collar on your cat - make sure it is a break away.
If you use flea collars - for the love of catnip...STOP...but at least take it off when you confine them.


*Water -  Food - Litter Box*

They better have not needed to be reminded of those things.

  • If you are putting more than 3 cats in one room it would be a good idea to have at least 2 sets of those things. 

  • Sometimes we have to put cats together that do not get along.. Give them both places to hide, something like a scratching post on one side of the room with a cubby.
On the other side of the room maybe a few boxes that are low enough for the cat to see out of, but high enough to feel like she is protected without being cornered. 

2 water and food dishes - you will  be dividing the room in to two imaginary spaces.
2 Litter boxes - If one cat is more aggressive than the other you may want to keep it basic, no hooded litter boxes. The cat could get cornered and then the fur could fly.   

*********************
They will all still complain- It is their job. 


I decided it would be simpler to just find everything on Amazon.ca. This means only one link.

Amazon  






No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.