*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pet Food Ingredients



The meows are allowing me to post a series on Pet Food Ingredients. 
(Focusing mainly on cat food)

I need to start before they change their minds!

I have spent a lot of time staring at ingredient lists on bags and cans of cat food. 
Still don't understand what the hell I am reading half the time. 

Time to fix that.

How about an ingredient per letter in the alphabet? with a few extras here and there if there is a need or a horror story.

A

Animal Digest 

Sounds like a mix between stomach acid and a pet version of Readers Digest.  

Um, I can see why people get confused. You need a degree in chemistry to understand what they are saying!

Okay, I think I got it...


Animal Digest is what remains of things like muscle meat and the soft tissue of animals after a process that turns the 'meat' into a soup like state. (me thinks)

Sounds like the making of Fight Club soap...minus the human renderings and  Brad Pitt. 

Muscle meat and soft tissue? Why not just use those things just as they are  instead of rendering them into a slurry?

Because in that form they would probably not be legal to put in pet food. 
*Not fit for human or animal consumption. 


But why??

Pentobarbital, no big deal.. it's just the stuff they use to euthanize animals. 

That's very nice of the slaughter houses to humanly kill their animals. 
 - Except they would never do that. 

'Food Animals' do not go gently into that dark night. They go  - well I do not want to get into that.. lets just say it is not by a sleepy time drug. 

So where are these euthanized animals coming from? 

Industry secret I am sure..

I am not saying there are dogs or cats involved. Apparently DNA evidence stated they are not. 

But someone humanly killed these animals!. 
Their next stop was not meant to be in a can of pet food. 

*Pentobarbital in the food does not seem to be causing an excessive amount of damage - at least not reported.
Yet.
These things take time. 
 

Next in line are...

*Diseased Animals.. 
Poor things, haven't they suffered enough?? Now to be turned into pet food slurry???

Cheap ass companies using dead animals not fit for consumption- PERIOD!

*Don't forget roadkill. 

You know the saying 'I wouldn't even feed my dog that!'

No you would not!

You may be... but now you can read your pet food labels. 
*If you read:  Animal Digest

Back away from the unethical, cheap company that cares very little about your animal. 

Oh yeah, btw Animal Digest is used on some treats as well, so read my good human...read.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.