*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Cats Prerogative



Human
Rocky
Sebby

*************


Hey, hey , hey heyheyheyhey HEY!

Lemme alone.. No nononono
I don't wanna
No don't wanna
Hey hey hey hey no no nooooo
Stop, I don't wanna go! 

You have to go Rocky! Stop running around.

No I am perfectly fine! 
All better!
You were hallucinating.
There is nothing wrong with my belly.

You know very well this happens every summer. 

Summers over. You are to late. Must leave it now.

Stop right now!

No thank you!

Crap. 
Dammit!


I always catch you. You just upset yourself. 

It's my prerogative.

I don't wanna go! I don't wanna!
No no no no no no no.

Rocky stop!

Never!
This is cat napping!

Give it up.
And its nabbing, not napping. 

Lets just go back. 
Please?!

No.

Come on!

No. 

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!

What!

We can still leave. 

We are not leaving till you see the vet.

I wanna go home! 
I wanna go home!  I wanna go home! 
I wanna go home!  I wanna go home! 
I wanna go home!  I wanna go home! 


Holy crap Rocky! Enough! 

I wanna go.. Oops..

What?

Nothing. 

It's our turn. 

Booo

Ahh Rocky!

Sorry.

I got it all over me. 

Sorry.

See what happens when you get so upset? 

Sorry sorry sorry.

It's okay, I will clean it up. It's just pee. 

I hate this. 

We are almost done. 

Ouchy

Good boy, you did great. 

Yeah, needles don't scare me. People places and things scare me.. But not needles. 

Tough guy eh.

Toughest. 

Toughest chicken I know!

Hey! 

Are we there yet?
Are we back yet? 
Huh are we?? 
Hey human pay attention to me. 
Now now now now hey hey hey HEY!

WHAT?!

Thanks. 

You're welcome. 

Love ya!

Love you too.
Now run.. Leeyah wants to chase you. 
.


Ack!!

See you later.

Back off doggie breath!

**************************


Rocky





That picture makes me look fat, I don't like it. 
Post the baby one, when I just got home from the vet after my eye surgery.
I am all sad and adorable. 















Aren't you gonna tell them what happened to me and my brothers?

I can. 
I found a litter of kittens under a bunch of garbage and boards out in the bushes behind a rather crappy neighbourood. 

There were 5 in total. 
Rocky, Apollo, Creed, Jesse, and James.

A few of them had some open sores on them, that we had treated at the vet. 

Unfortunately, James had more internal issues that we were unaware of and he passed away. 

The remaining kittens, including Rocky had to deal with being exposed to pesticides.   
This was more than 10 years ago, so it was still legal to use the highly toxic pesticides.

Rocky no longer had the use of his one eye. It had ulcerated so badly that it was destroyed with zero chance of regaining any sort of vision. 

This tiny little kitten had to have his eye removed and then the eye socket closed as if he never had a second eye. 




Glad you did not post the before picture. 

Never, nobody needs to see that. It's too sad.

And icky.

Yes, also icky. 


I adopted Rocky. Technically my family adopted him. I was still living at home at the time. I think this was in 1999 or 2000?


Apollo and Creed were adopted together. 

Before I could adopt out Jesse, he came down with Pneumonia.
I do not recall it ever being just a cold, or the cat version of the flu. It was bad. 

I wonder if the pesticides had compromised his lungs? or his ability to fight off this serious infection. 

After spending a few nights sleeping on the floor in the bathroom with him.. giving him IV fluids and force feeding him small amounts of food and supplements as directed by the vet. Jesse passed away in my arms. 
He went peacefully. 
His heart must have failed. 
He did not gasp for air..I am very thankful for that.
I hope he knew I was there with him.

You never forget do you?

I forget so many things on a day to day basis, but the suffering or sadness of an animal tends to imprint on my brain. 


If the person at the beginning just brought us to the Humane Society, or called and asked for help. Instead of dumping us in the bushes this never would have happened. 

I know, it sickens me. 

Some people suck. 

They sure do.

Not you though, I am glad you found us. 

Thanks baby boy.

I am 13 pounds and like 15 years old! When will you stop calling your baby boy?

Never.

I'm okay with that.





**********************************




Hey human...

I know.

You smell..

I know.

Like cat pee!

I KNOW! 

I don't like it. 

Yes Sebby, I know. 

Fix it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.