*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Surgery for Kenya

    Human
    Kenya

*****************


You look exhausted. 

It's been a difficult few days. 
Actually it has been a difficult few years, but we wont get into that. 

Last time I saw you, you were in a Live Trap.

Yup. 

I don't know if I should thank you, or hiss at you. 

Your daughter went with a thanks. Your grandchildren opted for hissing. 

Young mothers.. Sometimes they have difficulty raising their young.

Well she did teach them how to fear the human.

That may have been me.

In my defense, I was born and raised on the streets. Humans did not help me, nor did they shelter or feed me. I did that all on my own. Raising my children.

Augusta is a sweetheart.

I know. She is the last of my children.

Where are the rest? 

I have no idea. I hope they are well.

When we were informed about your crew, they told us an old man was caring for you?

He gave us some shelter. 
The children stayed in there. 
Us adults had to hunt. 

He didn't give you food?

Every now and then some food appeared. I don't think it was him.

What about water? 

Puddles.

What if it didn't rain?

Then we didn't drink.

No wonder you guys were so dehydrated!

Ya.. I was informed that didn't help my issues. 

I heard! 
You poor girl! 
That had to have been so unbearably uncomfortable.

Painful, but I am strong. 
Also I had my family to care for. 
I had to keep going.

Humans get worried when only a few days go by without .. How do I say this and not ick people out? 

We are about to get into a conversation about poop. They will have to grow up and deal with the ick.


Ha! You should read that to me.. Well not yet, I don't want to jinx it.

I will! 

So, ya I was unable to go to the litter box.
I could pee no problem but my body would not allow me to poop.

I wonder why? 

Probably something I ate.. Then didn't eat.. 


I know they took part of my colon. 

Okay, so they took out a part then put me back together after cleaning me out.

I had forgotten what it felt like to not feel constant pressure and bloating.
I forgot what it was like to poop as well. 

That scared me. 

Had to be done though, or I would still be at the vets office. 
Can you thank them for me?

Absolutely!
They could have passed me off as another wild kitty and I would have been stuck in a live trap. 
They could have been scared of me for trying to run out of the room. 
But they believed in me.
Cared for me and I am forever grateful. 
Though I kinda wanted to hide their food for a bit. 

Why? 

They restricted my food to such a minimal amount that I was always hungry. 

They had to, your system could not handle much food. 

I understand, but I am a cat.. If I don't at least say one negative thing the other cats will shun me. 

Tough group. 

It's tradition. 

I have to do the same thing in regards to the food.

I understand.

I have to put you in a cage for a bit as well. 

Crap. 

Also, you will have to wait awhile to see your family.

This sucks. 

The good part will come after you are healed. 

Whats that? 

A home. 

What is a home? 

A place where you can live inside where its nice and warm in the winter and cool in the summer. 
You will have food and water every day. 
You will have toys, treats and someone who loves you.. Everyday.
You will be part of another family. 
You will be adored.

I would like that. 

So you think someone will want me? 

100 % yes! 


I hope you don't get offended, but I am going to sleep in my litter box tonight. 
You seem very nice, I am not hiding from you, but this feels very safe to me. 

At least for now.
Thank you for allowing me to be your roommate. 
You are very welcome. 


 










******************

Here is some information about:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.