*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Interview with Chino

Human
Chino



This is The Human, coming to you from Pet Valu. 
Today we have with us a very handsome cat named Chino. 

Hey, yup I am Chino. 














Has anyone ever told you that you have the similar markings Grumpy Cat has? 

We are related. 

Really? 

On my Mothers side, she is my 3rd cousins neighbour. 

Um, that is no relation. 

More than you have. 

I think you had me with the whole feline connection. 



I hear you have had some work done?

Yes. I was unhappy with the lower part of my face. 

Technically I was injured, but the Dr did fabulous work. 


You have a great view on this injury. 

The other options would be of no help to me. 

What are the other options? 

Remembering that someone may have hurt me, that when I was hurt I had nobody.

That it hurt .. A lot. That I was very scared and felt a bit hopeless. 

But that was then! I am all better now. 
I don't hold any resentment towards humans for causing this. 

I am a bit leery of things, but I don't think anyone could fault me for that. 

Agreed. 

You are a rather calm guy aren't you? 

I can be a bit more active. I pace myself. 

Looks like you are having a bit of a slipping issue on the floor. 

These hairy mitts kinda make traction a bit difficult.. But I manage. 


So where are you from Chino? 

Well, all I can recall is being found by a bush by a nice lady. 
I went there because I saw other kitties. 
But they wouldn't let me play with them. 

I wasn't eating, so the lady took me inside. She thought it was because the feral colony of cats had shunned me - which they had. 
Not sure what I did to upset them but I was not welcome. 

Some cats can be such territorial snobs. 

Yeah, kinda unfair and mean if you ask me. 

Did you start eating? 

No. 

How come? 

Well she didn't know, and I didn't know how to tell her that my mouth hurt. 
Luckily she took me to the vet.. Well good thing, lucky may not be the word because they had to wire my jaw. 

Oh my! What happened? 

I don't remember. I must have blocked it out. 

The vet said it could have been an accident - like I got stuck or caught on something. Or someone kicked me in the face. 

Wow! That's horrible! 

Yes it was! And it hurt! 

After I healed up I found a home with a lady. 

I thought she loved me. 
I thought we would be together forever. 
I loved her. 

She gave me back. 

Why? 

She was moving to Toronto. 

So? 

Her new roommate is allergic to cats.

I was not important enough I guess. 

I miss her, but if she don't want me then I don't need her! 

Exactly ! 

I will find a better family! 
One that will not throw me out, hurt me or leave me. 

Yes you will! 

Promise ? 

I promise. 

Can I have my catnip toy back? 

Sure. 

I have a few more questions. 

Okay. 

I have heard you growl a little now and then. 

I don't know why I do that. I am not trying to scare anyone. I am just scared and sometimes I feel like if I don't warn a person then they may hurt me. 
It's silly, I am working on it. 

I think you have earned the right to be leery of humans. 

Last question. How old are you? 

I'm 4. 

Anything else you would like to say? 

Yes. I'm a good boy. Please give me a chance to prove that yo you. 



Chino and I say goodnight, be kind to all animals, and have your pets spayed or neutered.

I would rather you not tell them I had anything to do with the neutering idea.

Chino has nothing to do with the neutering idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.