*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Not The Momma

Human
Kenya 

***************



Hey lady!


Yes?














You do realize you are not actually their mother right?

You do realize your cats are not your children?

I do, they are my fur babies.














Well these are my fur babies.
Gotham














Bronson












Saber














You are allowing them to nurse from you. 

So?

So you don't have any milk. 

Maybe not yet.

Are you doing this out of some maternal instinct or are these kittens just pushy?

You may need to tell me.


Sure .. make me do all the reading.  



Jennifer Holland wrote a book called Unlikely Friendships



 "Instinctively animals take care of young to help them survive and therefore pass on the family DNA," 

-Technically they are Kenya's family - they are her Grandchildren.


"many animals, particularly other mammals, are capable of empathy, "and may take in another to relieve its pain, hunger, or loneliness." 


"Mammals have the same brain structures, the same system, related to emotion that we have, so why not?" 



Of course humans would think they are the first to consider adopting outside of our own family. 

Animals - particularly mammals -  have been fostering and adopting since ...well I have no idea how long - but a long time. 



Yeah, so my adopting my Grandchildren is not weird at all. 

These guys below are weird. 










Picture Link




It is actually rather sweet. 


Kenya, I do have a problem with you raising these babies.

What is that?


You are a bit of a skiddish chicken. 

If these guys turn into skiddish chickens...


Didn't Bronson come sit by you today?

Yes, but he wont let me pet him.

Saber runs away when I look at him wrong. 


These things take time. 

Fine, they can be your babies. 
But...

But?

But you have to lead by example. So be my friend. 


But humans suck.

Hey!

Sorry most humans. 


I am doing my best.

Fine. We can be friends. 
I would like a tiny bit of coconut oil ..friend.

Here.

No fair! Bronson stole it. 

The joys of parenthood.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.