*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

First night and next day - Momma and Kittens

Cat with kittens


I really liked the idea of reuniting momma and babies.
But.. 
I could not put the two I just caught in a cage with momma because they would just hide behind her. 
They need to become human friendly. 

So I tried Mina instead!

Momma never cooed or licked them. 
She is terrified.
She never broke contact with me.
Firing Cat


I believe this is what she wished she could do to me.


Okay, I will get Salem and Athena.

Momma still would not take her eyed off of me.

I left the room, they can re-bond in peace.

An hour later I went to check on them.
They were just chillin
3 hours later..
They were all hanging out inside the carrier which is in the cage.
Mina was hanging out behind Kyra, Athena was sitting not far from them.
Salem was hanging out in the litter box. 

I think Salem and Athena had enough visiting time. 
When I brought them back into my room they immediately started playing. 

Mina looked cozy with her momma. I left her for a bit longer.

Just a bit later I returned and both of them were behind the carrier. 
Mina looked scared just like her momma. 
She hissed at me.
Angry kitten
Tiny punk.
She seemed to have reverted to the state of fear she had at the beginning.
She was feeding off her mothers anxieties and fears. 

I removed her. She started purring.

She has been playing with the same toy for 15 minutes. 

I feel bad for basically teasing Kyra with her babies.
I guess I just wanted her to know they were okay.

They can't be with her... They take on her fear.
They 80% trust me now.

Sorry Momma, but I have to do what is best for the kittens as well.

Kyra will be spayed and probably placed at the same farm as Merlin - the daddy kitty.

Tiny little buckets of scared.














They have eaten and used the litter box, drank water and had hopefully a good sleep.

I put all of them together into the space I made for them.
Then I scared the bejesus out of them with the vacuum.
Sorry...needed to be done.
Can't afford a Dyson which is probably quiet..

After I finished cleaning I set up everything to get ready to let them all free...in my room.
First it was lunch time.
I took out the previous three babies and they all started eating.
I brought out Phantom and sat her on my lap. I forgot to mention that she bit me when I took her out of the live trap, 2 out of 5 kittens have drawn blood..meh..no big deal ..these things happen.

She started eating off the plate.
I brought Haiden out...she looked at me like I had flames shooting out of my eyes.














For the first while they all look at me like I am a serial killer.
It passes.

























Soon I just end up looking like the food bringer / litter box cleaner human type thing.
I'm okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.