*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

12 Kitties of Christmas - Day 8

Eight Elaborate Cat Trees

.......7 Singers Kitties
......6 Odd things cats play with
.....5 Furry Meows
....4 Piles of Barf
...3 Ferocious Felines
..2am Howling
and a not so lively mousey

Lets do a count down to the best!

8.



I love the colours.
There are various different areas for scratching and sleeping.
I like the height and the two top beds.

The hanging balls on string are a negative for me. Though they are fun for the cats, they tend to chew the string off or pull it out. 
$429.99  I think I am cheap.

7.



I really like the large number of different areas to sleep.
The different types of materials that the cats can scratch is really beneficial. Keeps the nails dull.. And they get to scratch tree trunks !
The only negative would be lack of hiding spots. Everything is open.


6.



Though this tree is not overly elaborate- its an actual tree!
I wonder how that works .. Do the cats know the leaves are fake? Maybe they like the taste of them. 
If you also had a dog.. It may decide the bottom house is theirs. Aww sharing!
Unless your dog likes to pee on trees...
And for only $999 you can have it!
Wait... that was improperly listed .. this is the large tree which is $1299.

5.






I love this design!
I want this one.
So many spots to hide.
So sleek and well made.
It isn't super elaborate.. It's perfect.. I wonder how much it costs...
$1499. Damn.


4.


This thing is huge! So many things to do.
So many different types of places to sleep.
This is not fat cat friendly. 
I can see a few areas that might not support a kitty that is over 10 pounds.
It gets a high placement for elaborate construction.
I have seen similar small versions that are very cheaply made.
Though the bottom part looks very sturdy, the top not as much.
I could be wrong - I have never seen it in person.
And I never will... this is a do it yourself cat tree. Screw that. 
Could you imagine the time this one took?

3.

I love the kitty hamster wheel! 
This is not super elaborate - but it is not like normal cat trees. 
I think I see a hidden area for a litter box?
Ingenious!
I like the ramp, forces kitty to use its skills.
I do not see many hiding spots, though the litter box area could be used as hidden beds instead.
You figure out the price..Catwheel


2.


This thing is busy! It would take up a whole room.
So many different things to do. Even enemy kitties could both play on this thing without having to come in contact with each other.
I see four soon to be chewed off mousies, and I would like to see how sturdy it actually is.
Depending on price.. This thing is awesome!
No worries! I can not find a price. 


1.




This is the winner!
Holy crap!!
So many spots to look down on humans.
The height would be a kitties dream.
I would want to surround the tree with a net or big fluffy pillows. Yes I would be afraid the cats would fall.
I envision cats fighting and one falling off.. No they do not always land on their feet.
I have known some clumsy kitties who seem to not understand that rule.
I have one issue.. What if you need one of the cats that is at the top and wont come down? I ain't climbing that thing!!
Other than that... It's kitty heaven.
This massive cat tree is located in a shelter - Actually it was an abandoned slaughter house that was turned into a shelter...finally some happy animals in the place. 
This is currently the worlds largest cat tree..with a price tag of $100.000 - Donated! 
Very cool.

*****************

  • In case you are thinking.. wow I can not afford any of those.. me neither. 
That's okay !
Could you imagine buying one of those things only to have your cat spend more time in the box it came in?

  • If you are looking to buy a kitty condo - try not to cheap out. 
If you can not afford all that much - wait and let them play in boxes. 
A cheap condo will only break - leaving you with less condo and more anger.. oh and less money. 
  • Remember that the colour and frills are for you - the cat is not going to look at the tree and think.. I really like the pattern on this tree. It really brings out the colour of the wall.
They want something to play on that has some height and allows them to scratch to their hearts content. 
If you have dogs.. it also may want it to be able to get away from Fido. 
  • Consider a Cat Tree as buying a Couch.. This is your felines couch. Where it lounges to watch TV.. or stare at you. 
  • Couches can be pricey.. the better the quality.. the higher the price. 
  • You do not want a really light tree - this would probably mean cardboard and MDF were used and they are not as sturdy or lasting as wood. 
When picking out a tree - touch it, try and move the parts a little.. don't break it!
Think of how your cat will use it. 
Will Fluffy jump on a certain spot that looks like it can only hold the weight of a hamster? 
If parts are loose now - they will probably become loose after a bit of use at your home. 
If  something looks like it could come apart easy - like the rope is starting to unravel a bit, or a corner is coming up - That is a not so good sign. Talk to the person working there though.. sometimes the trees get damaged in transit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.