*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Monday, November 24, 2014

12 Kitties of Christmas - Day 9

Nine Naughty Meows

........8 Elaborate Cat Trees
.......7 Singers Kitties
......6 Odd things cats play with
.....5 Furry Meows
....4 Piles of Barf
...3 Ferocious Felines
..2am Howling
and a not so lively mousey

**************
9 of the most annoying behaviour issues..counting down to the most frustrating

9. The Wake Up
If you are lucky you get a sweet meow asking you nicely to please wake up..ha!
Sebby likes to sit on my head and lick my eyelids.
This is more annoying than anything.
I can shut the door so it's the lowest on the list.
Unless it's a wake up call.. then you may need ear plugs. 

8. The Fake Starvation Meow
Feed me... feed me now.
I have not eaten in like 30 minutes .. I am starving.
or
I see you have walked into the kitchen.. this must mean it is time for my dinner.. I shall meow my face off and look at you like I have not had any food in a week.
Again this is more annoying than anything.

7.The I love you pillow. 
When the cat seems to think of you as its personal pillow.
Butt in face - Pillow wouldn't care...
Needing on legs...Pillow has no feelings..
Random paw on shoulder or head..Pillow is also arm rest.
Laying on arms..Pillow does not need arms..
Launch pad..Sometimes Pillow can be a Launch Pad as well..

6. Weirdo Reactions
When I whistle - Sebby wants to bite my face
When I sing certain songs - Sebby needs to get in my face.. at times biting my head?
Using Icy Cool for back pain...fantastic ..if I want to add Sebby Claw marks all down my back - He freaks out over the smell.
I knew a cat that went ape shit when it heard Geese.
Willow will chase any light or reflection - any...mirror ...sun...flashlight...lamp.

5. Bowl Flippers 
Why?? why do you feel the need to do this??
Water bowl flippers are the worst. Good morning.. great I need new socks.
Actually the combined flippers are the worst... First water.. then Dry Food..Soggy waste of money.

4. The Pusher
No not drug pusher...
The cat that seemingly takes its paw and purposely knocks things off the table.
Or shelf
Or hutch
Or any area that contains things where it should only contain cat?
Mine do this with books. Luckily they are books and not breakables.
Wait.. speaking of breakables... I bought this cat picture - from a fundraising auction - it was on a beautiful frame with stand. It was hand embroidered.
I wanted to display it.. silly me... It did not fit in the glass cabinets.
I put it on top of my tall TV stand. That's right I am a dumbass.
I was thrilled when I came home and it was still there. Thinking that since I left the area where Willow and Onyx like to lay, and removing other items as to not take up more space- they had accepted this new item in 'their' space.
It was beautiful...for 2 days. Onyx knocked it down.
My own fault.

3. The Jekyll & Hyde
Hello, I love you..
You evil human die!
You are purrfect.
I want to rip you to shreds.
Can I cuddle with you?
I could kill you in your sleep.
Pet me?
Touch me and die.
Thank you for the treats.
Give me your lunch or the other cat gets his ass kicked.

2. The Scratcher.
These last 2 are the big problems.. the ones that cause many to throw away their once beloved kitty.
Or mutilate them.
Can I scratch that? Of course I can.. isn't it a big scratching post? Looks like one.
Carpet on the floor and carpet on the scratching post... scratch scratch scratch.
Leather couch? I have always wanted to fight a cow.
Corner of wall?..Looked like it needed my personal touch.
So did your mattress, and chair.
While I am at it.. your arm and chest looked like it needed my signature. You are mine.
So is that.. and that .. and that.. and this thingy right here.
People think the only solution is to declaw...That is a horrible solution! Mutilating an animal because it does what it thinks it should be doing is wrong.
Your house, your rules. Teach them.
Here are some tricks
Here is what they do when they declaw Fluffy &
Here is what can happen as a result. 

1. The pee monster or marker. 
Worst problem in regards to annoyance.
After ruling out medical issues - like these
We are left with behaviour and sometimes confusion.
I get a lot of confused kittens. They instinctively know how to use the litter box - and they do.. they just also use other areas at times. Jerks.
Hate this.
The good thing is - these babies are not doing this as a behaviour response....most of the time.
Think about a toddler - it uses a diaper then gets potty trained. Yet at times they find other places to go...maybe because it looked like fun, or they did not want to miss out on something so they just went where they were.
Most of the time they just miss the cue from the body that they need to make their way to the bathroom.
I think some of these reasons apply to kittens.
So the 5 Furry Meows have been caged. It's a big roll away cage so no need to feel bad. If I am in the room they are out. If I am not in the room - they are in their room. They sleep in there as well.
This is temporary... Till I can trust them not to use my bed as a bathroom. Tiny Jerks.

  • Adult cats are another story - unless they have always lived outdoors... Then they may just not fully grasp the idea that they can not go anywhere they want to. They need to be re trained.. Putting them in a room with their litter box for a few weeks ( obviously give them lots and lots of attention and spend time with them. Make the room comfortable - set it up all nice and cat friendly... You may want to limit the bed like spots - or what the cat has been targeting in the house ( Clothing, beds, baskets, bags )
This is a behaviour modification - ask Google.... 
  • The jerkfaces that use urinating on humans clothing or beds to make a point. 
They are pissed off. 
Yeah well now so are we!
They do not like change or challenge.
Try to think of what has changed.
Be aware of cats that may be hanging out around your windows.. this creates a need for territory - but it can also stress out your feline - stressed kitty is upset kitty... upset kitty blames you. 
  • Some adult cats pee from fear - another cat corners them. Or I chase them around the room trying to catch them for a trip to the vet.. they love that. 
  • Senior cats may forget where the litter box is, or just can not make it to the box - get more boxes.. 
  • Multicat households tend have territorial issues. 
I tend to stick with kittens to make sure my fostering does not tick off my adults.
They seem to not be threatened by the kittens.
Marking is the cats way of saying ..mine.
Some cats want to own more territory than others.
Males tend to do this more than females - but females do it as well.
An unfixed cat = trouble.
  • A cat in heat throws your meows into a frenzy - think about a woman who is PMS'ing  - now imagine if both males and females had PMS issues ( yes I know it seems like they already do )
How would a male respond to these hormonal changes?
What about those wonderful insecurity feelings?
Chances are he would turn into a big jerk baby.
The big jerk baby version in cat = Wanna fight? Lets fight. I think we need to fight.
I am gonna kick your ass.
Meet me at the couch in 2 minutes...the one marked Tom.. come alone..
  • Speaking of Toms.. You may have recently neutered your male cat - he is still full of testosterone - give it time to calm down. 
There is no 100% that says a male that use to mark will continue to do so after being fixed
There is no 100% that says he wont.
You took away the drive - but not the behaviour associated with it.

Each household has its own issues.
Every cat is different.
If your child or partner started having bathroom issues - would you leave them at the Fire Station to find a new home?
Hopefully not..Yet every day people dump their cats at the shelter - or some random place - because the cat is peeing on the persons clothing.
There are so many ways to deal with this issue.
If you do not know what to do - ask your vet - make sure it isn't medical.
Ask Google.. Google knows...
There are behaviour modification tricks and suggestions.
There is medication.
There are pheromones.
Your cat would not give up on you.. so don't give up on them so quickly.

Cute Kitten Sorry






I love this sites slogan - Save Them All

If you have never had a cat before...they can be jerks.
But...
Their awesomeness makes up for that.

They are more than worth it.
I love these furry jackasses.
Would not want to live in a world without them.
That's the problem.. they know this!  

*These are just my top 9 annoying cat behaviours

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.