*

Alright Meow, it's 2015!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

12 Kitties of Christmas - Day 3


Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
 ..2:00AM Howling
..and a not so lively mousey 
 animated-cat-image-0153









They think they are so tough!
Some are.. some.. not so much.

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile




I wonder what goes through a cats head when it is about to pounce on a cat that it lives with.















I watch Sebby go after Cubby

Onyx go after Molly

They generally leave Willow alone.
Why?
Is she high ranking in the pack?
Maybe she is in the middle ...

Sebby thinks that he is boss... maybe he is.
I believe that is the reason he attacks Cubby.
Cubby is the oldest of the group... has been around the longest - but is old and not really a fighter.
Sebby can dominate without getting his butt handed to him.

Onyx is the youngest, he is passive with Willow but aggressive with Molly.

My cats have a pecking order... but it is currently out of whack due to Purrcy.

Purrcy is that kid in class that just does not have any fear..or boundaries.
He will fight anyone, for fun. There is no intention of harming...he may just be an ass.
Or could he be driven to be a leader in a situation where he can not ?

I need the cat whisperer.

Scratch that... I really don't want to know what they are actually thinking.. it would throw off my characters.

Why do cats fight
Because they are jerks?
Some cats are just jerks. Not kidding.
I still love them, but yes... they can be jerks.


There are many reasons cats fight.
Aggression, Domination, Pain, Confusion, Irritation, Territory, Hormones, Lack of personal space...
Those are some ideas.

Check out this article on Cat Behavior, it may answer some questions.

I have never thought about each cat having their own scratching post.. but it makes sense. We all need our own things. Or at least want them.

Vertical living space is something very important to consider.
You could live in a tiny apartment but add perches and high areas for your meow to hang out and you may have a calmer house.

If you have the cash on hand to create a more elaborate vertical paradise... do it!


Sebby, as you probably have read about before - is my rather jerky kitty.
Love him loads...he is still a jackass at times.

He is the instigator.
If I ignore him, he smacks Cubby.
If I scold him...he chases Cubby.

If there is an animal outside the window and it freaks him out.. he attacks Cubby.. or me.

I was on the end of a rather large tantrum - I brought a puppy in the house.
How dare I !!
Sebby seemed alright with Leeyah after the first initial hissy fit.

It was all a lie.

Not sure what happened or how it started.. but Sebby tried to attack Leeyah.














Look at that face! Sebby must have been jealous of how cute she was.

I grabbed Leeyah and held her so he changed his tactics and attacked the back of my legs.

That little bugger bit me and scratched the crap out of my legs.
Of course I had shorts on...

I had to push him away and zip up Leeyah in her crate ( actually the same crate I am using for the baby kittens)

In this situation I decided it would be best to relocate Leeyah to my parents place.
Temporarily ... ha.. that was almost 4 years ago.
Leeyah became a permanent resident after a few months... when I was basically informed that she would be better off with them ( they adore her and she adores them )

She is spoiled and they only live 5 minutes away.

I lucked out..
Not like I would ever have given her up.. I would have figured something out..
Kitty straight jacked for Sebby?

That was the only time he has ever gone bat crap crazy.
In general just smacks Cubby around ..chases him around for a few seconds then gets bored and moves on.

None of the cat fights in my house are fur flying or vicious.
Just jerky.


I think cats are just like people when it comes to picking on or bullying others.

Sebby has had many time outs.












He sits in the bathroom to think about what he has done..
Or drink out of the toilet...

It gives the other cats time to compose themselves .. or hide..

What I need is kitty doors leading into their own spaces.. each kitty having their own special door with facial recognition.
Sure collars would be cheaper.. but I do not like the thought of any of them getting stuck somewhere because of a stupid collar.
That and I swear Sebby would steal the other cats collars.

I give him too much credit... or do I?



No comments:

Post a Comment

The cats would like to hear from the humans.